Sunday, January 22, 2017

Weekend warmth

Our spot on the globe, a very chilly spot this time of year and statistically gloomy spot all winter is right now experiencing a lovely little warm spell (we're said to have less sun throughout the winter months than most places on the planet AND this winter has been recorded as having had less sun then normal... imagine living under a very cold rock for five months). It's been extremely rainy for days but the warmth yesterday and relative warmth today are wonderfully invigorating. My little man spent a good deal of time digging in (and flinging) mud in the backyard yesterday. It's funny to think of him outgrowing this favorite activity of his but it's inevitable. In the mean time I rather enjoy watching him play in mud. Hmm, maybe he'll be an excavator or archaeologist and dig in mud for a living.

I've been getting along much better this winter than most. Partly because of the job change (it's amazing what walking away from misery can do for a person) but I like to think it's also partly because I'm actually focusing on being happy. It's also amazing what concentrating on a thing can do for a person.

We'll spend the remainder of this weekend relaxing and at the top of my list for today we'll be getting outdoors again. Hopefully there will be more lazy backyard breathing fresh air time. It'd be nice to take a long family walk as well. And I imagine little Abe and I will walk our Bozzy around the neighborhood before Daddy comes home. Three quarters through January 2017, it's sure been a busy one but it's also been the happiest January I can remember for a very long time. I'm actually not dreading February this year. I always dread February.

____________________________________________

Spending Sat:
Sweatshirt - $10.80
Small toy bag - $2.93
Groceries - $35.69

Average daily spending for 2017: $21.63

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes it just takes a glimmer of the sun to change your perspective. Hope there's a bit more where that came from, & you have a fabulous day. Mud flinging & all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunshine is so powerful! And warmth is certainly right behind it.
      I hope you guys have had a fabulous weekend too.

      Delete
  2. The warmth has been so nice! It still is hard walking though because of the refreeze at night, but being able to get fresh air is so terrific for my senses of well being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were having the refreeze at night as well until the last two days. It's honestly been warm, no freeze at night and the ground has begun to thaw. Oh, it's been wonderful!!! (I'm not delusion; winter is far from over but it's been a very nice break)

      Delete
  3. Isn't it amazing how different our lives can be just by the choices we make? It is hard sometimes, but focusing on everything we have in our lives instead of what we don't make a HUGE difference, doesn't it? Not that I always do that......but like you, I am trying!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You called it. What we choose to focus on makes an enormous difference in our lives. It can be really hard sometimes though.

      Delete
  4. Ah sunshine! We have been having ridiculously warm weather here. I am talking shorts and flip flops warm and it is getting a little creepy. I am ready for sweater weather again! I love that you are noticing a difference in your life by concentrating on happiness!

    ReplyDelete